Please click here for Bahasa Malaysia version
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice ("Notice") describes how Boustead Petroleum Marketing Sdn. Bhd. ("BHPetrol") uses your Personal Data.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. BHPetrol shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Privacy Notice at any time by placing the updated Privacy Notice on the BHPetrol website http://www.bhpetrol.com.my/privacy.html ("Website"). By continuing to communicate with BHPetrol, use BHPetrol's services or purchase products from BHPetrol following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Privacy Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
"Personal Data" means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, passport number, telephone numbers, fax number, address, email address, date of birth, race, gender, marital status, information about your company and your designation in your company, financial information, credit card details, ecard number, fuel/fleet card account details, any information about you which you have provided to BHPetrol pursuant to any engagements and correspondences between you and BHPetrol and/or any information about you that has been or may be directly or indirectly collected, stored, used and processed by BHPetrol from time to time.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to BHPetrol directly, BHPetrol may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including from application forms, registration forms, contest forms and/or other similar forms, credit reporting agencies, company searches, corporate documents that may contain your personal data, when you interact and communicate with BHPetrol at any events or otherwise or when you make enquiries.
Purposes of Processing
Provision of your Personal Data is mandatory for the Purposes outlined in Section 4 below. If you do not provide us your Personal Data we will not be able to provide you certain products or services.
BHPetrol may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of BHPetrol which shall include, without limitation the following ("the Purposes"):-
For trading facilities held with BHPetrol:-
- for purposes of entering into a contract with BHPetrol or in furtherance of you seeking to enter into a contract with BHPetrol;
- to process your application for a credit or cash account;
- to facilitate or enable any credit evaluations and credit risk checks as may be conducted by BHPetrol which may occur from time to time;
- to facilitate the enforcement of your contractual obligations with us, amongst others, including but not limited to any default in payment of any outstanding monies owing to BHPetrol and/or to ensure you maintain a good credit rating or standing with BHPetrol;
- to comply with applicable laws and to assist with any government agencies or bureaus or bodies including for the purpose of police or regulatory investigation;
- to register you or your company as BHPetrol's business partner;
- to assist you to comply with the applicable laws, including assistance in obtaining the relevant governmental licences and approvals;
- to process any incentives provided to you, such as trips, under incentive programs run by BHPetrol.
- to contact you or your company;
For BHPetrol ecard membership:-
- to process your subscription or application for membership registration,
- to process replacement of lost cards or your request for redemptions or supplementary cards;
- to provide you with the products you have ordered or other products and services you have requested as well as service support;
For participation in activities:-
- to process your participation in any activities, events or contests organised by BHPetrol;
- to contact you if you are declared a winner, which may include publication of your Personal Data such as your name and identification card number in newspapers for announcement of winners;
- for publication of your testimonials in relation to activities, events or contests run by BHPetrol;
- to communicate with you for the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice by way of short message service (SMS), telephone, post and/or by email and to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- for internal operation and administrative purposes;
- for BHPetrol to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to BHPetrol using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Privacy Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
BHPetrol may also use and process your Personal Data for marketing and advertising purposes such as to send you communications regarding the benefits, promotions products and services that are or may be offered by BHPetrol or its partners ("Marketing Purpose")
If you do not consent to BHPetrol processing your Personal Data for Marketing Purposes, please notify BHPetrol using the contact details stated in below.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes or for Marketing Purposes. Further, BHPetrol may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on BHPetrol's behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this section include (without limitation):-
- Service providers such as our maintenance contractors, IT service providers, card embossing service providers, data entry providers and courier service providers;
- Marketing and advertising agencies;
- Our professional advisors, including our legal advisors, auditors, accountants and consultants;
- Debt collection agencies if you default on your credit obligations; and
- Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for Marketing Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by email to:
email@example.com (Attention: Company Secretary)
Please note that if you withdraw your consent for BHPetrol to process your Personal Data for the Purposes, BHPetrol may consequently not be able to transact or contract with you and would be unable to provide you the products or services which you request.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, BHPetrol has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the BHPetrol expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person's privacy. BHPetrol reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted under law.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
BHPetrol does not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to BHPetrol. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to BHPetrol, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor�s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide their personal data to BHPetrol and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
You confirm that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice and consent to the processing of your Personal Data by BHPetrol as described above. In the event you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice, please contact BHPetrol using the contact details above.
MANAGEMENT OF BHPETROL